Flying Conditions sub 2kg Category.
CASA has set down some Flying Conditions sub 2kg drones/UAV/RPA.
UAV (Unmaned Aerial Vehicle) – RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) – CASA (Civial Aviation Safety Authority)
There is a lot of common sense associated with flying your drone. But, fly outside these conditions and regulations as set down by CASA then you run the risk of breaking the law. CASA has the ability to impose a substantial fine for any offender.
- Only fly your Drone during the daytime, not after sunset.
- Stay away from all prohibited and restricted areas.
- Don’t fly your drone over any populous area where, in the event of a loss of control or failure, you create an unreasonable hazard to the safety of people and property on the ground.
- Keep a minimum of 30 meters away from other people. Any person who is not part of the safe operation of the drone.
- Keep at least a minimum of 5.5km away from controlled aerodromes – one with an operating control tower.
- Keep your drone in visual line of site at all times. Being able to see the drone with your eyes not through a FPV (First Person Viewer).
- Don’t fly your drone any higher than 120 meters or 400ft AGL (Above Ground Level).
- Only fly one drone at any one time.
- Don’t fly your drone near any area where public safety is a concern or emergency operations are underway, inclusive of traffic accidents, search and rescue, police operations, fire and associated firefighting efforts.
upyourdrone.com.au does not condone flying your drone outside the regulations and conditions set out by CASA. By following these you are going a long way to keeping yourself, staff and members of the public safe.
The above CASA regulations and conditions form part of the excluded sub 2kg category. See the CASA website for the complete regulations and conditions.
Find out about the “Can I Fly There” app.